Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
The Bank of Soperton maintains strict security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal guidelines to guard your nonpublic personal information against unauthorized access or use. Our employees are subject to a corporate code of ethics and other policies that require maintaining the confidentiality of customer information.
We use industry-standard technology and procedures that allows us to properly authenticate your identity when you access our Online Banking services and protect your information as it traverses the Internet between your PC and our Online Banking System. If we have reason to suspect that an unauthorized individual is trying to access your account through Online Banking, we will contact you at the phone number on file before continued access is allowed. Please keep your contact information current. You can update your phone numbers via Online Banking or contact us at (912) 529-4431.
Protect Yourself Online:
We will never email, call or otherwise ask you for your user name, password or other electronic banking credentials.
Protect yourself by implementing the following controls like:
Making sure you choose an adequate user name and password that mixes upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters
- Safeguarding your user name and password information
- Having current anti-malware and anti-virus software
- Making sure you have a firewall in place when conducting your financial transactions
- Logging off the system when you’re done conducting business
- Monitoring your account activity on a regular basis
- Setting up alerts to inform you if your account falls below a certain balance